Sunday, January 21, 2007

Poor Little Lexi

Lexi had to have tubes put in her ears on Jan.11, 2007. We went in at 6:30 A.M. because her surgery was scheduled for 7:30. She was a little nervous but can you blame her. We sat in the waiting room and read books and hung out. I tried to put her nerves to rest by explaining what was going to happen. (I knew what would happen because, Garrett has been in for 4 sets of tubes, this is routine for us.) I told her that the doctor would come in and take her to a special room so he could look at her ears really close. That when she was done they would bring her right back to me and I would hold her and cuddle her and then we would be able to go home. She looked at me and said, "how about we just go home now!!"
They took her to surgery and the Dr. came in and said that the tubes were in but, he was looking at her tonsils that they looked really bad. He suggested that they be taken out now because we would most likely be back to have them out. She was already under so we went ahead with removing the tonsils. This is new to me, I don't know what to expect. She came out of surgery wondering what was going on and wanting her mom. She had a hard time calming down because of the I.V. in her arm and wanted it off NOW! When they finally took the I.V. out she was able to calm down.
She was pretty miserable that 1st day and I thought that it was going to be a long 5 days. However, we are talking about Lexi, she was up and feeling quite well by the next day. In fact, I gave her a bath the next day and Grandma Johnson called to see how see was doing and I turned around to see Lexi jumping on my bed. I think I can safely say that she was doing A.O.K. I don't like my kids feeling sick so it was really hard to see Lexi hurting. I do however, like to cuddle my kids when they are sick. Well, cuddling with Lexi didn't last long, she recovered really quick!!
She is all back to normal jumping around with her brothers and having a grand old time messing up the house that I just tried to clean.

No comments: