Thursday, June 26, 2008

The LIST!

It was like every other morning. We were sitting eating breakfast--me still trying to wake up after yet another night with a newborn getting up every 3 hours, and Lexi and Porter at it again. It never fails they will find anything to fight over. "It is", "no it isn't" are the words between the two of them and it is getting louder and louder as if getting louder will get their point across then Lexi thinking she will win this battle just up and screams at the top of her lungs. The scream brings me out of my lack of sleep coma and I state very loud to her that she can not scream like that, it hurts everyones ears and we don't scream like that in our house. I, thinking that I got the point across, look at her waiting for the "but mom", and then Lexi looks me straight in the eyes and says, "YOU ARE OFF MY LIST!!" (picture in your head, her little head shaking with an attitude) as she turned and wrote something in her coloring book. I was dying inside as I turned my head (so she wouldn't see me smile) as if to say that I was hurt.
As we sat in peace finishing our breakfast, Lexi came up to me as though nothing had happened and asked me to write her name on this book. I said, "I thought I was off your list?" She looked at me and thought and then said, "It is a good thing to be off my list." (What a little sneak, working her mother.)

I think that those teenage years are going to be interesting to say the least.



Lexi at the Zoo--May 2008

1 comment:

Alisa Ann said...

I am so glad you wrote this down. It will be fun to discuss in years to come. You are in for some real fun during the teenage years! How does she even know about a "list"? It is kind of like being "out of the will" for the Cook family. However, I think being out of the will is definitely not a good thing.